The Royal Wedding
Two people fell in love and we all showed up for a royal wedding. His Royal Highness Duke Henry Charles Albert David (Harry) married Her Royal Highness Duchess Rachel Meghan Markle (Meghan) of Sussex. This fairy tale day began 18 months ago with a blind date set up by Meghan’s friend.
The wedding took place at Windsor Castle at St George’s Chapel. The flowers and plants designed by Philippa Craddock include beech, birch, hornbeam, as well as white garden roses (late Princess Diana’s favorite), Myrtle (represents love and marriage) a tradition for all royal wedding bouquets, peonies and foxgloves. Some flowers came from Princess Diana’s garden as well. Prince William sat next to an empty seat in honor of their mother’s memory. The chapel is a high-medieval Gothic style. This is a beautiful place to share vows with friends and family.
The dress code for the bride includes dress must have sleeve, lace, and be white. The 600 guest to the wedding dress for the day is for men military uniform, morning coats, or lounge suits and women’s dress for the day is choosing a day dress with hat.
Many guests including George and Amal Clooney, Oprah, Elton John, David and Victoria Beckham, arrive in the best finery. The best-dressed guest is David Beckham. He wore a Dior Hommecharcoal grey super 130’s wool twill morning coat and pants, a light grey super 150’s wool twill double-breasted waistcoat, a white 200/2 Egyptian cotton poplin shirt, a grey silk satin tie, a grey silk satin pocket square and derbies in black calfskin leather. He seems to upstage the groom, Duke Harry.
Duke Harry wore his frock-coat uniform of the Blues and Royals. Duchess Meghan wore Claire Waight Keller Givenchy boat neck neckline silk crepe and 3/4 sleeves. 2019 spring collection, Queen Mary’s diamond Bandeau tiara, and Cartier jewels. She looked stunning in the beautiful gown. Her veil was absolutely the show stopper of the day. It was cathedral length, made from silk tulle, and featured a trim of hand-embroidered flowers from the commonwealths, Wintersweet from the Kensington Palace, and California poppy, with crops of wheat representing love and charity. Her veil is well crafted by hand and hundreds of hours of work.
Her makeup was beautiful and light. This added a sense of innocence and you could still see her freckles. Duchess Meghan gave six of her dear friends and sister-in-law Princess Catherine gold disc bespoke bracelets called the Kensington Bracelet designed by Zofia Day.
Duchess Meghan entered the chapel nave alone. This was a strong representation that she is an independent woman and a change from tradition for royal weddings. Prince Charles walked to the last pew then he steps aside while Duchess Meghan walks to Duke Harry. This again shows her strong independence and strength. Duke Harry thanks his father, looks at his bride, and says, “You look amazing, and you look so beautiful. “They exchange rings, something not traditionally done. The rings made from gifted Welch gold from Queen Elizabeth. The ceremony was one of love and commitment. The most Revd. and Rt Honored Justin Welby, Archbishop of Canterbury, officiated. Duke Harry could hardly look away from his bride.
The couple took a carriage ride around the town of Windsor after sharing their first public kiss outside the chapel. They then enjoyed a ride in an electric silver-blue Jaguar E-Type Concept Zero to the reception at Frogmore House. Duke Harry changed into a tuxedo and Duchess Meghan wearing bespoke Stella McCartney high neck lily-white gown in silk crepe with an aquamarine ring that once belonged to Princess Diana. They looked exceptional for the evening reception hosted by Prince Charles.
The menu for the evening reception included:
- Scottish Langoustines wrapped in Smoked Salmon with Citrus Créme Fraiche
- Grilled English Asparagus wrapped in Cumbrian Ham
- Garden Pea Panna Cotta with Quail Eggs and Lemon Verbena
- Heritage Tomato and Basil Tartare with balsamic Pearls
- Poached Free Range Chicken bound in a Lightly Spiced Yoghurt with Roasted Apricot
- Croquette of Confit Windsor Lamb, Roasted Vegetables, and Shallot Jam
- Warm Asparagus Spears with Mozzarella and Sun-Blush Tomatoes
- Fricassee of Free Range Chicken with Morel Mushrooms and Young Leeks
- Pea and Mint Risotto with Pea Shoots, Truffle Oil, and Parmesan Crisps
- Ten Hour Slow Roasted Windsor Pork Belly with Apple Compote and Crackling
- Sweet Canapés including
- Champagne and Pistachio Macaroons
- Orange Créme Brülée Tartlets
- Miniature Rhubarb Crumble Tartlets
- Beverages for the evening reception include:
- Pol Roger Brut Réserve Non-Vintage Champagne
- Selection of Wines
- Soft Drinks
- Apple and Elderflower mocktail (using the same syrup as the wedding cake)
- Sandringham Cox’s apple juice
- When Harry Met Meghan ginger and rum cocktail
The reception included a beautiful wedding cake. Clarie Ptak designed the wedding cake. The wedding cake features:
- Elderflowers syrup using elderflowers from the Queen’s residence
- A light sponge cake uniquely formulated for the couple
- Filling Amalfi lemon curd and elderflower buttercream
- Decorated with Swiss meringue buttercream and 140 fresh flowers that are in season
Elton John played a set of four songs after Harry asked, “Anyone here know how to play the piano?” Taking away from tradition Duchess Meghan gave a speech. The tradition is for the father of the bride to make a speech, but Duchess of Sussex (Duchess Meghan). This wedding brought modern traditions fusing with royal traditions to a new forefront. The event concluded with fireworks.
Congrats to the newlyweds on their wedding day. There is no official notice of their honeymoon.